Tuesday 13 July 2010

Jordan and the Amazing Technicolor Umbrella!

Monday (yesterday, July 12) was fun! I woke up and went to high tea with my friends! That was fun- they only provided scones and tea. The server was not that polite or friendly. :-( We had fun anyway because we had been looking forward to it for sooooo long! :-) After that, we had class from 2-4pm. (I say we because my girlfriends and I share the same literature class.) After that we went for a lovely bike ride! Actually, we had to go to Marx & Spencer's, so we borrowed bikes and went down there. It reminded me a little bit of Amsterdam, except we were biking on the left side of the street. It finally made a little sense after biking a bit. Then we went to this cute Boutique and bought matching jewelry. Tehee :P

Since it was such a lovely day, we biked over to the park (which was a little scary at times.) Apparently, though, there is no biking allowed in the park since bicycles are considered a mode of transportation...instead we bought crepes :-P We hung out in this MASSIVE field. The gardens are always gorgeous here. I have no words to describe the magic and beauty of it all! We found our ultimate hang out spot as well! Every monday night we will be returning to this pub (for four more weeks) and doing karaoke! That was highly entertaining last night. I think that's one of my highlights during this adventure. We are now going to become regulars there <3

I was beginning to wonder where all that English rain I had heard so much about was, when I woke up this morning- and can you imagine?- it was raining outside! ha. I finally dragged myself out of bed (it's so hard to do on those icky rainy mornings.) I went to class, which was fun. I got into a bit of a discussion with my professor about William & Mary and the Glorious Revolution. I felt like I actually knew something! After mandatory high tea, I went to my appointment with the history faculty. I might as well do some research while I'm here to see how possible it is to attend Oxford. :-) (That would be way cool!) On my way to the appointment, I finally, after much anticipation, got to use my multi-technicolor umbrella!!! tehee. Anyway, at 3:30pm there's an optional viewing of The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe <3 that I'm excited about. I realize that I have seen the movie quite a bit, but it's so good! :-) Tonight is another mandatory formal dinner. I think I might mix things up a bit and wear my nice black pants instead of a dress.... :-)

Although it's raining, it's still beautiful here. Everyone is still pretty cheerful. We just ate lunch with the Bursar (who plays an important role in the daily running of the actual college.) He's a great fellow. I enjoy talking to him. Our speaker tonight is a Shakespearean scholar. He has acted, directed, and viewed a majority of Shakespeare's plays and is considered one of the top experts. He is an amiable fellow as well. I'm continuing to count my blessings on a daily basis. I would not have missed this experience for the world!
Cheers from Oxford!
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment